Monday, December 10, 2012

I'M A FAILURE


-10
As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Oh my! I am a horrible 1930's wife! Poor hubby. Actually, I'm really proud to be a modern women; not concerned with ironing every damn thing, wearing makeup all the time and all the other pointless little things a true lady does for her husband...her owner more like it. So what if I like to tell stories with too much gory detail, go without my hair and face all done up, not religious, overly talkative, don't laugh at my husband's jokes, eat too much, laugh too loud, stay up too late, share too much, hate unexpected guests, don't get dinner done on time everyday. Hey, my husband's lucky I make dinner at all when I do. I'm just as busy, just as tired. The only reason I make dinner is because I buy the groceries, so I plan the meals...Hubby and I are equal partners.

My husband has asked me a couple times what period in the past I would visit if I could, and my answer is always the same. I wouldn't go anywhere, not even a year ago. I'm a woman and a progressive thinker. I wouldn't last long in any time before 1960, and I wouldn't be happy in any time before 1990...and even then, I would miss all the progress that's been made in the last 23 years... If anything, I'd go forward in time, see the rise of human prosperity, civil rights, human rights and  pro-earth action...one can dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment