Sunday, June 8, 2014

GUN NUTS

I'm not usually a political lady on my blog. My blog is about writing, not religion or politics...but tonight I had a real gun scare.

Anyone who knows me personally knows that I'm a liberal feminist, who eats organic, non GMOs and is hoping to one day be able to afford an electric car and solar panels for my roof... On the flip side, I loved guns and hoped that I could own a few one day...note that 'loved' was past tense. In the last few years, or hell ever since we elected a black president, the gun nuts are everywhere! We've had so many mass shootings, so much gun violence, gun demonstrations, people entering public buildings with assault riffles just because they can. The more and more these gun nuts kill, threaten and put their stinking guns in my face, the more I hate them; the people and their stinking guns. Guns are not play things! They are a serious responsibility, and ONLY sane, thoughtful, responsible people should have them, not any old crazy person.

I'm writing this tonight because a man with multiple assault rifles parked his car in oncoming traffic right outside my place of business and  took out his guns and brandished them in front of my guests! He scared the shit out of us! Were we to be the next mass shooting you see on the news? Was my daughter going to lose her mommy? This man had all the power.  He could have killed us. I felt sick to my stomach! I felt like I was going to puke.

I locked down the hotel and called the police. He took off but was later found by the police. He told them he was just trying to save two women...but in reality, he regularly contacts the police and makes outlandish claims, like lasers are after him and whatnot.  He's a paranoid delusional forty-something white male who drives a two door blue car in the Mukilteo/ Everett, Washington area, and he has a huge collection of guns. The police were very upset, understandably. They said they can't do anything but maybe give him a moving violation for parking in oncoming traffic. That's the way the law is written...certifiable lunatics can have as many guns as they want, and we just have to be on guard 24/7 for the next time they feel like killing a bunch of people.

I used to want to own a few guns of my own. I thought target shooting at a range sounded fun! But, between heartless hunters, mass shooters, terrible gun laws, greedy gun lobbyists, stupid gun enthusiast taking them to public places, and crazy people brandishing them about...I don't want to have any part in that bull shit. I still wish I could own a gun, but those stupid, greedy, crazy and deadly men have made gun ownership look really very unappealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment