Wednesday, September 27, 2017

KNEELING IN 2017



Since when has kneeling been disrespectful? Kneeling is a sign of remorse, respect and a plea for help. People kneel when they pray to their gods. People kneel when they're asking for a hand in marriage. They kneel at the bedside of a sick relative. Please, I dare you, please name another time in someone's life ever that kneeling is a sign of disrespect. Cuz I cannot find one....
A few things to consider:

1. American soldiers don't die for flags. They die for people and our Freedom. I hate it when people say something along the lines of "this is America if you don't like it, get out!"  Well, Freedom of protest is as American as Football, so...yeah.


2. It isn't about the American military. It's about the American police. It's about their unwarranted violence toward African Americans, which is hugely disproportionate to any other American ethnicity. I repeat, it's not about our flag or our military and it's certainly not about YOUR hurt feelings. (talk about snowflakes...) It's about us, as a people and the wrongs we overlook.

3. Unless you're an African American, you cannot 100% appreciate what they're going through in America, and that includes me. When I imagine seeing police lights behind me, I panic because I can't remember where I put my registration card...or if I printed out the latest card from my insurance website. What I'm not is scared of being killed or imprisoned. ...I'm a little scared of being raped, but that's a whole other social issue. 


So try empathy instead of hate. You might find out it fits this situation better.

I love you.

Check out this article from The Hill: PRESS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment