Friday, November 16, 2012

ZOMBIES & PINK CHAMPAGNE

Tonight my friend, Erin and I are having a Walking Dead marathon. I've been looking forward to it all week long.  I really need to get my head cleared out and maybe hours of zombies is just the thing to do it. I've had writer's block going on 10 days now, and I'm kind of freaking out.

This is the bad part of being a manically depressed lady.  For a week or more I'll write like the wind and nothing can slow my progress. When I'm manic, I'm crazy creative and scary driven.  It's during this time that I stay up all night rearranging furniture, painting, cleaning, writing, drawling, researching, whatever grabs my fancy...But, eventually the mania fades away and I feel hopelessly lost.  My goals are hazy, my attention span is weak. That's where I am now.  I'm staring at a computer screen full of words but they strike no cord in me. Usually that means I'm doing something wrong.  I'm pushing the story in a direction it doesn't want to go or I'm making a character do something they don't want to do. I just have to figure out what that is and fix it...

Many hours later...

I just got home at 2:00am from my friends house. There's nothing like a night full of zombies, pink champagne, purple cupcakes, nasty energy drinks and lovely Italian food. We'll see if it cleared my grey clouds away as I attempt to do a bit of writing before I head off to bed in an hour or so.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Darling. Big Fan here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a big fan! ...Of my books or The Walking Dead...or both? Either way, thanks and CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete