Tuesday, May 6, 2014

GENERAL DOUCHE, HARD TO UNDERSTAND

I have to internalize every character I write; baddies, goodies and even some that don't play the big roles. Last night, I had to shove the identity of a General in my head.

I sat in front of my computer for a good long while, staring at it and trying to think like a military man. I was in the J.R.O.T.C in high school, made it to first lieutenant and platoon leader. I nearly got my own command until I was mutinized...that's what happens when you try and give a girl command over a room full of boys hopped up on hormones and manly ambitions.  They took one look at me and  my stripes and freaked out!

A girl controls a platoon of men and no one bats an eye; try and give her the entire company and everyone looses their damn minds.

It was my experience with this mutiny that made General Kelley alive and kicking in my head last night...what a douche.




No comments:

Post a Comment