Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Twisted Recipe #2 Loaded Potato Bread

I LOVE POTATOES!  

Anyway you make them, I love them: Baked, Mashed, Fried, Totted and LOADED. I love them all...except scalloped. Scalloped potatoes are a concoction of pure evil. 

I have a similar passion for bread. There is no better smell than freshly baked bread. It was a cool October night when the thought came to me. My family and I were sitting in the living room and it struck me like lightning. Loaded Potato Bread. I'm no baker. I've made bread exactly twice in my whole life, one of them was even edible. In spite of my failings (which are many, and that's where Clella comes to the rescue) I simply had to eat this loaded potato/ potato bread. 

We start with a simple Potato Bread recipe. Makes two loafs of bread. Ingredients are: 
  • 1 cup of mashed potatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1tsp salt
  • 2 tbs active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 5 cups of flower
  1. Make Mashed Potatoes: pill,dice,boil, mash.
  2. Stir in Sugar,Salt, Yeast & Warm Water. 
  3. Add flower until the mixture is doughy. 
  4. Kneed dough on a flowered surface for a few minutes.Then set it in a greased  bowl for over an hour. RISE, my dough, RISE!  

  5. While we wait lets gather up our other ingredients:
  • Fresh Chives
  • Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream.
  • Bacon
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Garlic Salt
6. Chop those Chives, Dice that Bacon, Stir that Cream, Shred that Cheese...unless you're like me and you buy it pre-shredded. (Lazy lady)

7. When the dough is up to the task  (Get it? That's punny)  fold the ingredients into the dough and place it in a greased bread pan for another 40 minutes...or 20 minutes if you're like me and can't wait....
...I almost forgot the cheese!
That's better.
8. Bake at 375 Degrees for 40 minutes. Once it is done, butter the top and sprinkle on some Garlic Salt. Trust me, it is SO worth the time and energy. Literally the best bread I've ever eaten in my whole entire life!


ENJOY!

Want more Twisted Recipes? Click Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment