Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Twisted Recipe #1 Pumpkin Apple Pie


I have another blog I've just started with my sister, Clella, I've named Twisted Recipes. Here is the blog Address. Our goal at Twisted Recipes is to add a twist to traditional recipes. We will flex our creative muscles to bring you some great new ideas. And though we may blunder at times, luckily our first recipe idea turned out amazing!

 It's October, the season for Pumpkin everything. I LOVE pumpkin flavored things, from lattes to cookies, from cakes to bread, if it's pumpkin, I want it. But what about good old American Apple Pie? It never fails. Every Thanksgiving I'm left with a terrible choice. I've just finished my holiday dinner and I can't eat another bite! I have maybe room for a slice of pie, but which one? Pumpkin or Apple? I CAN'T DECIDE! Now you don't have to. Introducing Pumpkin Apple Pie.

Yes folks, you heard that right. Pumpkin Apple Pie. This recipe makes two pies, and it takes all the same ingredients as the traditional pies you know and love, which means you can change it any way you like to.

Apple Pie Filling: 1 Cup of Sugar, 5 Apples, 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
Skin, slice and boil the apples until tender. Drain water. Then stir in sugar and spices.

Pumpkin Pie Filling: Can of Pumpkin, 2 Eggs, 1 Can of Condensed Milk.Combine all those things and mix well...
     

Pie Crust: 3 Cups of Flower, 1/5 Teaspoon of Salt, 2 Teaspoon of Sugar, 1 Stick of Soft Butter, 5 Tablespoons of Ice Water.
Mix everything but the water. Kneading the dough with your hands or a dough mixer. Then drizzle the water. Cut the dough into two pieces, and flatten them for the pie pan. 
(Because I am exceedingly lazy, I used a pre-made crust...I know, I know, I bring shame to my family)
***Mother's correction, Butter should be cold NOT warm***

Put the apple filling on the bottom:

Put the pumpkin filling on top, making sure it's smooth:

Bake at 425 degrees for ONLY 15 MINUTES. Then turn the temp down to 350 for an additional 50 minutes. When it's done, let it cool, then ENJOY! It looks like a normal Pumpkin Pie, but there's a surprise in there. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment