Saturday, May 14, 2016

BOOK REVIEWS FOR SALE

Book reviews mean a lot when it comes to book sales. Which sucks, since less than 0.003 % of readers actually leave reviews.
There are review companies that you can pay hundreds to and they'll give you 50 or more 5 star ***** Reviews. But that's not ethical, I feel anyway. Publishers do it all the time for their books, but I think it's wrong.
I could build personal relationships with two dozen book bloggers of my genera, and over the course of maintaining these relationships, ask them if they might consider reviewing my books...I actually tried this. It works very well, but I suck at relationships. Eventually I always fall into obscurity because...life.

I can honestly say, that if a fellow writer leaves me an honest book review, I will 100% review their book in return. If a book blogger reviews my book on their blog, I will forever promote their blog with high praise. 

I've considered offering readers a little incentive to review, by leaving a message at the end of my books, offering the next book for free in exchange for a honest review. I'd ask them to email me or message me on facebook with their email and a link to their book review. I'd then "gift" to them the next book using their email address. ...It's a thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment