Monday, December 26, 2016

BEING CHEAP SUCKS!

So every December I price my books at $0.99 because I know how the holidays can destroy your budget, and I figure that if someone needs an escape from the madness and their blessed heart chooses one of my novels to do so, then I'll make it easier for them. But, time and time again I find that people don't want to buy 99 cent books. 

Normally my books are $3.99 each. Which is about $1 profit to me, and the books sell okay...I mean, they're no hot cakes by any means. But I feel my sales aren't too shabby for a nobody with no marketing talent, no massive fan base and no consistently charming presence on social media...At lower prices, $0.99, $1.99 and $2.99...the books don't sell. I don't understand it, but $3.99 seems to be a good place. 

A lot of more famous authors sell there digital books at outrageous prices, like $15.99...what is that, like $13.00 profit per book...But then again, they have people working for them, huh? Marketers, editors, assistance, agents. I just have me. Then again, again, they're selling books in the thousands or millions, MILLIONS! I'm literally selling tens of books, TENS! LOL 

I'm getting the itch to redesign my covers again...for the what, fifth time in as many years...we'll see. Do you think my covers truly reflect my books?




No comments:

Post a Comment