Saturday, December 31, 2016

KEEPING MY SHIT TOGETHER

As an artist it's hard for me to treat my writing as a job, but that's what I have to do. I have to plan and make deadlines for myself. I can't just write when I feel like it. I have to set time aside for writing and write, research or plot during that time. Between a full time job, a part time job, family and writing, it's hard for me to keep my shit together. Throw any new stress my way, and things get really messy. 

I was planning on having both The Artist and The Zombie Book out before Christmas this year...but crazy drama and a massively debilitating sickness on the home front put a damper in my productivity. The Zombie Book is only half written and it took everything I had to get The Artist out before 2017...I wanted the my favorite editor to have one more go at it and I wanted my favorite model to adorn the cover, but I couldn't have either if if was to hit the digital shelves before midnight...I will change the cover later, but it's out and it's good. 




Starting in the new year I'm taking 85 hours worth of classes for a part time social working job on top of my full time job, family and writing, so maybe I'm being overly ambitious, but I'm hoping to have The Zombie Book out in a few months and then have the 2nd Serial Series Novella (The Librarian) out by Fall 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment