Monday, June 12, 2017

First Week in Review

Well, my first week of trying to be my own boss turned out fine-ish...As it turns out, I'm a bit of a slacker...I did do a lot of work and I met my goals. But I also fucked around a lot... 

I made these lovely book covers...while I was supposed to be updating books and marketing on social media.




I turned my painting into covers! It wasn't a complete waste...One of my best fans suggested I get new covers...well, she suggested I buy them, but I'm poor so nope. LOL Everything I do is free or cheap. The only thing I pay for is my website, dianagraves.org, which I'm sure is just some lonely hermit site with only myself for company. Poor thing. 

But for all my hours of plugging away day in and day out, I sold 1 book and no art...yay! And to make things that much more awesome, my computer is acting up...I'm wondering if Norton security has something to do with it. They keep popping up and asking me to pay them money to protect me...'It would be a shame if anything bad should happen to your computer.'


I have so much on my plate at the moment...Kids, bills, artwork and the novellas, The Librarian and The Zombie Book. I have my daughter's birthday party in two weeks and no idea how I'm going to pull that off...I have no idea how my family and I will survive with me out of work, but we can't afford daycare. How do other people do it?

So often I drive by big beautiful homes and wonder how they got there? Are they all engineers and CEOs with stay-at-home wives? I want to walk the neighborhood and knock on all the doors and ask, who is your daddy and what does he do? But then I think to myself.


I have a butt load to be thankful for. Am I broke, morbidly obese and so socially awkward that I hide from my neighbors? Yes. But I also have a husband who adores me and two freaking weird ass kids. We live in a nice modest home in a nice modest neighborhood and we're not sick or dying...at the moment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment